2014 Leadership Conference
Registration Now Open!
December 4 - 6, 2014
New changes were passed by the dozen during the 2014 legislative session.
Learn how to comply from the best employment/labor attorneys in MN.
See a new service that can do the recordkeeping and training for contractors--at no extra cost.
Click here to download the registration form
Hilton Mpls/St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Or call 952-854-2100
Discounted Room Rates end on 11.11.14
3800 American Blvd E, Bloomington, MN 55425
FRIDAY: 12:00PM –1:15PM
The Growing Shortage of Electricians: The need Workforce Development will be addressed by Oriane Casale, from the MN Dept. of Employment & Economic Development. See how the increasing demand for electricians versus the supply of electricians will affect your business--as construction becomes the fastest growing occupational group in the coming decade.
Complying with Employment Requirements Made Easier - Brock Martinez, Federated Insurance
Federated takes the confusion, time and expense out of complying with the dozens of requirements by providing easy to use training, recordkeeping, advice, and documents (like employee handbooks) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—at no extra cost. As long as you have to buy insurance anyway--and the policy is competitive--why not buy it from a company that makes saves you time and money?
FRIDAY: 3:00PM—5:00PM (Limit 15 Atendees-FREE)
New Prevailing Wage Requirements. Tom Revnew (Seaton, Peters & Revnew LLC) will explain the new
requirements, how to comply, ways to avoid common pitfalls and answer your questions about changes to the following:
1. Apprentice Training Law (Comply or benefits increase from 0 to $28 on 1/1/15)
2. Women’s Economic Security Act (WESA has big effects on employee handbooks)
3. Fair Pay/Safe Place Regulations (Disclose violations and comply or lose federal contracts)
4. Responsible Contractor Law (Wage/hour mistakes over $25,000 bars contractors from MN contracts.
Hospitality Suite—Members are invited to stop by and connect with contractors to call when you need extra electricians to help with specialty work or finish a job.
SATURDAY: 12:00PM—2:00PM (Limit 30 - $49)
Update your Employee Handbook
1. Get current policies particularly suited for your company that are compliance with the law
2. Learn about new policies to consider
3. Learn about procedures you will want to follow on the most essential policies
4. Talk with contractors about how they’ve handled policy-related situations
5. Meet funny people (and not just funny-looking)