Solutions for Your Customers
ATTENTION All Residential Electric/MDU Contractors--Become a NEST-Pro Installer
Submitted by Border States Electric
You made it through the holiday rush and observed many of these products on sale; however, now is the time for you to be involved with home automation. If you’ve been looking for a reason to reach out to your residential customers, we’ve got just the right home automation products in mind for you. YOU can become a NEST-Pro installer.
First, what is NEST? NEST began with the “smart-learning” thermostat. After being acquired by Google, there are now a whole list of other products available from cameras, doorbell cameras and wireless security to the ability to work directly with third-party companies such as Yale (door locks), Lutron (lighting control) and Leviton (lighting control).
Second, Let Google FIND customers for you. By becoming a NEST-Pro installer, you can make money installing product as well as selling and installing products. The end-user reaches out to NEST and your company name shows up in their search.
Third, reach out to your present customer base and ask them the questions below:
Here’s the pitch: “Would you like to be able to…
• Adjust your home temperature and humidity remotely from your phone?”
• Answer the door when you’re not at home and actually see the person?”
• Not worry about the kids losing the front door key anymore by installing an electronic door lock which uses an app or code for entry?”
• Use a simple security system and have the alerts come to you when the kids get home from school, and then change screens to view your cameras and see what is happening?”
• Have the lights turn on/off randomly when you go on vacation so your home appears to be occupied?”
• Have your smoke detectors actually annunciate which room smoke or heat is being detected?”
All these functions become a reality with the Nest/Google suite of products (light switches by Leviton communicate directly with NEST).
Border States has recently entered into a distribution relationship to sell all the NEST products. In just a few short years, the NEST thermostat (founded by the engineer who developed the Apple iPod interface) has become the second leading brand of thermostats sold behind Honeywell.
If you want to become a NEST-Pro installer, just visit our site here https://bse-l.ink/nestpro