by Clara DeRosier, Executive Director
Members of the Association gathered together at Breezy Point a few weeks ago. The weather was perfect and the time together was unforgettable. The quarterly report was distributed to attendees, and I wanted to point out a few highlights for those unable to attend. Since leadership last met in April, a lot of progress on initiatives has been made as well as a few record-breaking numbers to report.
- Strategic Plan Initiative - Brand Discovery Workshops
- New policy manual created procedures for all departments, board and staff to review
- Staff attending the “Qualified Association Specialist Program”
- Strengths coaching and strengths based leadership workshop for staff
- 52 apprentices currently enrolled in the Association’s Registered Apprenticeship Program (Record High!)
- 17 New Members in 2019
- Pilot PLC course sold out in the spring
- Commitment to conduct training at 2020 NCEL Expo
- Developed an extended apprenticeship training course
- PLC, VFD, HMI, Solar, Safety and Exam Prep will make up the 7-month course
- Trained close to 2000 electricians in 2019
- 2 new instructors have been hired to help with training growth
- Registered Apprenticeship Program approved for Veterans to utilize their GI Bill
- Building Committee Day was a success
There are many new offerings in the works and the ability to get feedback from committees and board members is invaluable. It is the number-one way that we are able to ensure the products we create are actually the products you need to run your business and train your employees. Summer is a hard time to get away so we are endlessly thankful for all who could make it for the event!
New Business Training Event Friday, Dec 6!
Watch for more details...