ETN of MN Committee
Click Here if you are on the ETN of MN Committee to review past minutes, upcoming meetings and more!
*you must be logged in to see this page
Responsibilities of the ETN of MN Committee
The ETN of Minnesota Apprentice Program EMAP Committee is responsible for the following:
- ETN of MN Apprentice Program Committee (EMAP Committee), working with ETN’s Trustees, shall develop and maintain policies and procedures for EMAP Committee operations. The procedures for the implementation of the approved policies are maintained by EMAP Committee. After approval, the new procedures shall be distributed to all apprentices and employers (contractors with employees in the program).
- The policy-making, administration, operation, and success of this apprenticeship program. It will work within the requirements set by the
- Electrical Training Network an educational trust fund (ETN) and
- the local regulatory agency for apprentice programs (In Minnesota this is the MN Dept. of Labor, Division Of Voluntary Apprentice Training)
- The day-to-day operation of the apprenticeship program
- Knowing and applying the laws and rules governing electrical apprentices as explained by MN DVAT.
- Hearing and adjusting all complaints about violations of apprenticeship agreements
- Reporting to the ETN Board of Trustees on the progress toward meeting goals
- Making recommendations and changes as appropriate to the Program.
Program Operations: EMAP Committee will review the records of the ETN of MN Apprentice Program and make them available to the MN Division of Voluntary Apprentice Training upon request. These records include, but are not limited to
- Selection of applicants
- Administration of the apprenticeship program
- Affirmative action plans
- Documentation necessary to establish an Accepted Employer’s good faith effort in implementing the affirmative action plan
- Qualification standards
For more information on ETN of MN, click here. You must be an active participant in the registered program for over 3 years to qualify for this Committee. EMAIL US if you need more information.