Click Here if you are on the Education Committee to review past minutes, upcoming agendas and more!
*you must be logged in to see this page
Responsibilities of the Education Committee
- Provide ideas for meetings and classes that…
- Deal specifically with the needs of electrical contractors, Masters, Journeyworkers, estimators, foremen and management.
- Meet continuing education credit requirements and/or the specific needs of contractors and their employees.
- Establish policies for instructors and course content.
- Provide appreciation and recognition for instructors.
- Provide feedback by yourself and others about the quality of the content and instructors.
- Promote attendance at classes by telling others about them and suggesting they attend.
- Actively participate with government agencies that oversee education.
- Inform MEA members of current laws and regulations governing safer work practices in Minnesota through the MEA News and classes.
- Actively participate with government agencies that oversee safety such as OSHA.
- Actively promote safe work practices through the use of:
- toolbox talks,
- safety awards,
- model safety programs,
- awards promoting the use of safety plans, and more.
- Provide input for improving the four-year course regarding quality and accuracy.
- Promote apprentice education. Find ways to deliver this training to as many unlicensed electricians as possible regardless of location or means.
- Encourage other contractors to buy from MEA/ETN so we can continue to improve the apprentice training four-year course.
EMAIL US if you would like more information on this Committee or if your are interested in joining.
COMMITTEE COMMITMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES