Finance Committee (Ad Hoc)
Responsibilities of the Finance Committee
- The Finance Committee is chaired by the MEA Treasurer and consists of the officers of MEA and the past Chair of the Board.
- The Treasurer is responsible to see that accurate and complete records are kept of all money and property received, owned, and dispersed by the Corporation, in such manner as may be prescribed by said Board of Directors, and that all monies and property are deposited and kept safely in such banks or other depositories as may be designated by the Board of Directors. The Treasurer will work with the MEA staff and coordinate reporting on the finances of the MEA to the Board.
- The Finance Committee shall formulate, review, and/or recommend to the Board of Directors the financial plans and policies for MEA, approve the annual budget, develop policies of investment and use of funds of MEA.
- The committee shall analyze all financial problems and present recommendations for solutions to the Board of Directors.
- The committee will get qualified outside help as needed such as hiring a certified public accountant to conduct audits, reviews, and to provide advice.
if you would like more information on this Committee or are interested in joining.
COMMITTEE COMMITMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES