Government Action Committee
Click Here if you are a member of the Government Action Committee to view past minutes, upcoming agendas and more!
*you must be logged in to see this page
Responsibilities of the Government Action Committee
- Prepare the MEA platform of legislative and regulatory goals and update it yearly.
- Determine MEA's positions on proposed legislation and regulations.
- Investigate legal matters of concern to MEA.
- Act to affect the outcome of State electrical laws as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Work with the Minnesota Board of Electricity, Electrical Licensing & Inspection Unit, and other agencies to develop reasonable electrical laws and rules.
- Call legislators, regulators, and testify at hearings as needed. Encourage other contractors to do the same.
- Make recommendations on lobbying staff to Executive Board and Board.
- Call your legislators, regulators, and testify at hearings as needed.
EMAIL US if you would like more information on this Committee or if you are interested in joining.
COMMITTEE COMMITMENT & RESPONSIBILITIES