Effective Date: 9/19/2023
Notice explains how the Electrical Association, ("EA”, “we”, “group” or
“us”) collects and processes your Personal Data. Each time you use our
Site, the current version of this Notice will apply. Accordingly,
whenever you use our Site, you should check the date of this Notice
(which appears at the top) and review any changes since the last
version. This Notice is applicable to all Site visitors, registered
users, and all other users of our Site.
“Personal Data” is any
information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by
reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number,
location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your
physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social
By visiting www.electricalassociation.com or related
properties, (together the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read
and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Notice.
Information We Collect
We may collect various types of personal data from you, including but not limited to:
- Contact Information: Name, email address, phone number, and mailing address.
- Registration Information: Username and password for accessing certain services.
- Transaction Information: Payment information and details about your transactions with us.
- Communication Data: Records of your correspondence with us, including emails and chat logs.
- Usage Information: Information about how you use our website, including pages visited, links clicked, and content viewed.
- Device Information: Information about the device and browser you use to access our website, including IP address, browser type, and operating system.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our services.
- To process and fulfill your requests, orders, and transactions.
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries, and provide customer support.
- To send you administrative information, updates, and promotional materials.
- To improve our website, services, and user experience.
- To prevent, detect, and address fraud, security breaches, or other illegal activities.
- To comply with legal obligations and protect our rights and interests.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may share your personal data with third parties for the following purposes:
- Service Providers: We may share your data with third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting business operations, or delivering services to you. These providers are contractually obligated to protect your data and use it only for the purposes we specify.
- Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data if required by law, regulation, or legal process, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property or that of others.
- Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other corporate transaction involving us, your data may be transferred as part of the transaction.
Third-Party Ad Networks
use third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements
on our Site and on third-party websites or other media (e.g., social
networking platforms). This enables us and these third parties to target
advertisements to you for products and services in which you might be
interested. Third-party ad network providers, advertisers, sponsors
beacons (including clear GIFs), Flash LSOs and other tracking
technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to
personalize advertising content to you. These third-party cookies and
other technologies are governed by each third party’s specific privacy
policy, not this one. We may provide these third-party advertisers with
information about you.
Users in the United States may opt out of many
third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital
Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about
opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding
having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network
Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information
about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices
regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one
or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI
Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of
interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no
longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites.
You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the
particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads).
Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out
on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective.
Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at
www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Online Behavioral Advertising and How You Can Opt-Out
may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize cookies
and web beacons, and data collected on our services, to customize
advertisements to you on our services, as well as on other websites or
mobile applications in their networks beyond our services. Among other
things, these customized advertisements may advertise our products and
services and third party products and services on websites or mobile
applications not affiliated with us. Some of these ads are online
behavioral advertising – which serve advertisements that are more likely
to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information.
Such ads may contain cookies that allow monitoring of websites and
mobile applications (including our own services) and your response to
such advertisements. Cookies or web beacons placed by these companies
do not collect personal information, and the third-party advertising
companies do not have access to or use your name, address, e-mail
address, telephone number or other personal information; they may
however, anonymously track your usage across our services and other
websites or mobile applications in their networks. We limit companies
that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to
assist us in our advertising efforts.
For more information about
these third-party advertising companies' privacy policies, visit the
Network Advertising Initiative’s website at
http://www.networkadvertising.org. If you prefer to not receive targeted
advertising, you can opt-out of network advertising programs that use
your information. To do so, please visit: the Network Advertising
Initiative’s opt-out page.